vaillant 831 pressure loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys - noticed all of a sudden boiler loosing pressure over a day or two..it displays pressurre should be between 0.8 and 3.0, yet the bar reading on the display is 2.0 with f75 - error pump water shortage...looked around all the rads couldnt find a leak...filled boiler back up to to 2.2 all working again, then same problem again after a few days....i took off the plastic grill under the boiler noticed it was very wet, so looks like a leak in the boiler somewhere...it is 3 years old serviced every year...so shall i call vaillant as it has 5 years warranty or call a plumber...

Sponsored Links
If the guarantee is still valid call valliant, an internal leak would need an RGI to look at it.

update - had vaillant engineer round , who replaced the diverter, he also suggested that it may have failed due to thermite /black sludge in the system and recommended remedial work. He left a card to fill in and send proof to vaillant that this has been done so that the warranty remains valid otherwise may invalidate my warranty. Now powerflush the system is very expensive i cant really afford that kind of money as i have heard its around £400 plus...is there any way i can flush out the sytem myself with chemicals ?....im sure the insattlers did flush the system out before they fitted my boiler about 3 years ago, they also fitted a magnaclean in the system...cheers

Sponsored Links
You could put some cleaner like Fernox F5!in and let it run for a week.

Put it in via the magnaclean

Then fill and drain a few times, adding inhibitor on the final fill

After that clean your Magnaclean out once a month for awhile.

You could hire s powerflush machine and read up the process if you feel confident.

thanks i think the first choice may be better....but isnt that f5 used with power flushing machines ? i ve read its powerfull stuff so leaving it in for a week wont it damage the pump in the boiler, seals etc..?

thanks i think the first choice may be better....but isnt that f5 used with power flushing machines ? i ve read its powerfull stuff so leaving it in for a week wont it damage the pump in the boiler, seals etc..?

Get yourself a bottle of calmag calchem(better product imo),it can be left in the system.

Last line of the op text.
.im sure the insattlers did flush the system out before they fitted my boiler about 3 years ago, they also fitted a magnaclean in the system...cheers

Right, yes, it was in a later posting.

Its always nice to see the whole installation described in the first post so we get the full picture!

Odd the Vaillant engineer asking for a power flush on a system fitted with a Magnaclean.

Obviously he does not know how good they are! Chris Adey has slipped up with his advertising!

Tony

Right, yes, it was in a later posting.

Its always nice to see the whole installation described in the first post so we get the full picture!

Odd the Vaillant engineer asking for a power flush on a system fitted with a Magnaclean.

Obviously he does not know how good they are! Chris Adey has slipped up with his advertising!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back