Vaillant EcoTEC plus 831 pressure keeps rising

Which should be removed after the system has been filled. Removing it will ensure that no more water can get into the heating system even if the valves are letting by when shut.
You've never tried to remove a filling loop on an Ecotec, have you?

Sponsored Links

From that I assume it is a non removable piece of pipe. What ever happened to the sensible requirement for flexible removable filling loops. Or is there now implicit trust in valves to prevent CH water getting back into the nains supply ?.

Must depend on the model. Our ecotec pro has standard filing loop, I know that because I had to change it because it was leaking from the spindle.

Maybe the op problem is that there are two filing mechanisms and one is letting by?

Both loop valves are appalling quality..I replaced many and they often only last 18 months before letting by again. You're best off capping the valves and fitting an external loop (and disconnecting the hose)

Sponsored Links
I have just spoken to the engineer who called Vaillant technical who told him he has done everything they would expect to solve the problem. The firm are now paying Vaillant to come out on Friday and hopefully resolve the problem!

From that I assume it is a non removable piece of pipe. What ever happened to the sensible requirement for flexible removable filling loops. Or is there now implicit trust in valves to prevent CH water getting back into the nains supply ?.
It is technically removable, but you need child-sized fingers to actually get to it

Must depend on the model. Our ecotec pro has standard filing loop, I know that because I had to change it because it was leaking from the spindle.

Maybe the op problem is that there are two filing mechanisms and one is letting by?
Yes, the pro is the no-frills bargain basement version of the Ecotec, and needs an external filling loop. The Plus has one built in to the isolation valves

op, did you get the issue fixed?
My boiler (same model) has started doing something similar.

Yes Vaillant came out and sorted the problem. It was the filling loop and the noise was from diverter valve. Engineer changed both and since then had no problems at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back