vaillant 837 and 937 discontinued?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Help Please

I have got an installation scheduled for Vaillant 937 and just realised that vaillant has discontinued both 837 and 937.

1) does any one know why they have been discontinued?
2) I am not sure of proceeding with the installation of a discontinued product. Suggestions please..

Many thanks,
Matt

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
They are still listed with plum nation and mr centralheating, but vaillant website has 937 listed under discontinued.

Doesnt look like any difference to speak of, just erp model and probably a software tweak.

Ecotec has been out a long time now and must be due for complete replacement soon. The casing is too big for many uk applications. 937 has had issues with shift load pump and boiler has to come off the wall to fix it.

If you get an Advance installer theres a 10 yr warranty deal.

Sponsored Links
Thank you. We have managed to secure 938 as vaillant confirmed they have replaced 937 with 938 due to 'regularly requirements.

It is an advance member who is installing the boiler, how could I secure the 10 yr warranty? They seem to be aware of only they 7 year one.

Thanks

Advance members got 10yrs until July 31st; I hear that this may have been extended. We got one in two days before!

Interestingly, it looks like the ecoTEC open vent range has just been replaced by one featuring an aluminium heat exchanger.

The Vaillant sales reps always said aluminium was the wrong material and bigged up on stainless steel (amusing because they weren't aware some larger Vaillant commercial boilers were aluminium).

Now they are using aluminium they can't rubbish Worcester for using it, can they.

Love this industry, so many contradictions! And does this mean the new ecoTEC 6 and 8 series will be aluminium?? (your revised ecoTEC just has a different pump, JMatt).

Advance members got 10yrs until July 31st; I hear that this may have been extended. We got one in two days before!

Interestingly, it looks like the ecoTEC open vent range has just been replaced by one featuring an aluminium heat exchanger.

The Vaillant sales reps always said aluminium was the wrong material and bigged up on stainless steel (amusing because they weren't aware some larger Vaillant commercial boilers were aluminium).

Now they are using aluminium they can't rubbish Worcester for using it, can they.

Love this industry, so many contradictions! And does this mean the new ecoTEC 6 and 8 series will be aluminium?? (your revised ecoTEC just has a different pump, JMatt).

Aluminium is an excellent conductor of heat, plus its light weight so no torn mussels for installers...(y)

SS is far better a material for heat exchangers,massive downside to aluminium is that they rot from the inside out. Firstly through condensing, secondly through wrongly inhibited heating systems.

Had to drill out the condense hole on every one of the 10 aluminium heat engine boilers I've serviced today,sumps completely blocked and overflowing on all of them causing the plastic ineed flies to disintegrate and the seals to rot.
Wouldn't be so bad but all had evexactly the same issue last year, and six months ago!
Twice a year servicing because they're aluminium.

Buy cheap, buy twice,

Aluminium is an excellent conductor of heat, plus its light weight so no torn mussels for installers...(y)
Jedi, do you know all Worcester current model are using Al hexs?

Among current models from all manufacturers, I am impressed by Viessmann stainless steel heat exchanger, similar to Giannoni but with bigger water ways.

But prices for Viessmann spares are dear!

The 6 8 and 9 boilers will still be available as before, just under a new product code and couple of different outputs all suitable for erp, the spares will be available for all the old ones as there essentially the same as the new ones. The 4 series is going to be an aluminium hex, the rest will still use the normal stainless hex.

Aluminium doesn't have the same longevity as stainless, but the new one in the 4 series will have vastly improved waterways which is a bonus on open heating systems as most problems with the current 400 will be caused by dirt contamination and poor pump sizing

The 6 8 and 9 boilers will still be available as before, just under a new product code and couple of different outputs all suitable for erp, the spares will be available for all the old ones as there essentially the same as the new ones. The 4 series is going to be an aluminium hex, the rest will still use the normal stainless hex.

Aluminium doesn't have the same longevity as stainless, but the new one in the 4 series will have vastly improved waterways which is a bonus on open heating systems as most problems with the current 400 will be caused by dirt contamination and poor pump sizing
I was told last month at Ideal training that new generation of Al heat exchangers used on Logic are much better than Isar/Icos, said with new technology.

There not usual pure aluminium, there's a lot of aluminium based mixtures/casting processes that are used these days, the quality a always getting better than the early models, even the original greenstars used to forever crack and leak inside,

I know on the new 400 hex they have made a lot of work to the waterways to give a far smoother and less turbulent flow as compared to older aluminium based hex's and it's amazingly small and light, you can literally hold it up with one hand

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back