Vaillant Boiler Advice Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Valiant Eco Tec Pro boiler that was installed some years ago.

I currently have an issue with Central Heating not turning on.

When I press the i button, getting s.30 code (room thermostat is blocking heating mode).

The timer is set correctly, has new batteries and no obstruction is affecting the signal.

The lights on the receiver are solid red and solid green. When I reset the timer / receiver, I saw the green light come on and heard a click so I believe they are talking to each other but the boiler does not act.

It's not a water pressure issue.
The Hot Water works.
The override button does not work.
If I press the plus and minus buttons together the boiler does fire up for 10 minutes which does heat the radiators.

Please can you help?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I did not mention that the little flame symbol is flashing as it should on the timer when the boiler timer is set to be on.

Could be receiver or could be pcb. Post photos of receiver and front of boiler please. It’s also Vaillant, not a Valiant.

Spelling mistake noted.
There is nothing under the parcel tape and the issue was prior to the tape being put there (I was a bit heavy handed).

Thank You
20221127_153058.jpg
20221127_153319_01.jpg

Sponsored Links
Try turning the heating knob up on the front of the boiler. If no joy and you want the heating in then you may have to join the 2 wires up in the receiver.

The heating knob was on 54 so have turned this up to 64 but still no joy.

When you say join the 2 wires up to get the heating on. If I turn the power off and open the receiver is it obvious re. the 2 wires and by doing this am I bypassing the timer so becomes a manual set-up?
Do I need new parts to go back to having the boiler on a timer?

Thanks

your thermostat is not synched with the receiver post a pic of the display on the thermostat

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Here is the picture. Thank You
20221127_165116.jpg

Attachments

• 20221127_165116.jpg
    20221127_165116.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 37
You need to follow the instructions on the programmer to sync it to the receiver.

Because these take a significant current from the battery when they switch you must use alkaline batteries, ideally Duracell.

Cheap zinc carbon batteries often do not work at all or only for a short time.

TESTING THE RF TRANSMISSION
It is important to site both the Receiver and Control Centre in locations
where the RF signal cannot be interrupted.
The receiving range between Control Centre and Receiver is approximately
30 metres indoors, however many factors can affect the RF transmission
and shorten the operating distance, e.g. shielding by thick walls, foil back
plasterboard, metal objects such as filing cabinets, general RF interference,
and so on.
The range is generally large enough for most household applications, but
it is advisable to test the RF transmission from the intended Control Centre
location to the Receiver location before fixing the Control Centre to the wall.
To check the RF reception, follow the following steps:
1. Press the UP button on the Control Centre until the set point
temperature is higher than room temperature by a few degrees.
2. Wait for a few seconds. The Burner on (heat call) indicator should
appear on the bottom left of the LCD on the Control Centre.
3. Check the green LED on the receiver unit - it should be lit.
4. Press the DOWN button to adjust the set point temperature to be
lower than room temperature.
5. Wait for a few seconds, and the Burner on (heat call) indicator
should disappear and the green LED should switch off.
6. If at step 3 the green LED is not illuminated, press the RESET button on
the Control centre and try to place the Control Centre closer
to the Receiver.
7. Repeat steps 1 to 5.
If you are unable to get a stable RF connection between the Receiver and
Control Centre, check that the Receiver is both switched on and has a mains
supply (red LED lit). If this isn’t the problem you can also alter the RF address
code by following the ‘RF Address Code Setting’ section of this manual, and
then repeat steps 1 to 5 (note that the RESET button on the Control Centre
should be pressed after altering the address code).

• Thanks
Thank you EVERYONE for your time, it really is appreciated.

Agile, Im over the moon, you have solved my problem and I wish I could buy you a drink (if that's your thing).

I had brand new batteries in the timer and they are Alkaline. This removed the low battery symbol so I thought all was well. However, these batteries were bought in a discount shop and are not a well known brand so on your advice I have just changed them for a couple of Energizer MAX batteries that I had at home and boom, boiler is reacting to the timer to turn on and off when required (tested 3 times).

Thank you so much.

• Thanks
Glad u got it sorted, just to say decent alkaline batteries will last about 2 years, i replaced my device with new batteries back in april, enrgizer brand.

I nearly mentioned the batteries, but thought it couldn’t be as OP said it was connecting.

I agree CBW. I don't quite understand it as with the cheap batteries, a signal was definitely reaching the receiver. When I did a reset on more than one occasion, I was sitting next to it at when the timer kicked in, I watched the green light come on and also heard a click at same time in the receiver box but it wasn't enough to switch the boiler on. The better batteries has sorted it and am pretty sure if I reverted to the cheap batteries I would be back to having the problem.
Thank you for your time anyway.

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back