Ideal Icos HE24 not coming on doing nothing 0 on display

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya guys,
We have the above boiler and almost on a daily basic either the water or heating does not come on when I press the +1 hour button on the Timer, literally does nothing a "0" just stays on the boiler however if I switch off the boiler completely for 30 seconds switch it on press the +1 hour timer button it comes on

Any ideas gratefully received

Sponsored Links
I assume you are turning off the power at the fused spur to isolate the system and controls, it sounds like the timeswitch could be faulty, as a "0" on the boiler display means No Demand. ;)

yes im turning it off at the fused spur, not at the consumer box, when i turn it off at the spur the timer controls remain on, however if I turn it off at the consumer box the timer controls go off also

anything i can do to check/verify your thoughts?

Hiya guys,

We have the above boiler and almost on a daily basic either the water or heating does not come on when I press the +1 hour button on the Timer, literally does nothing a "0" just stays on the boiler however if I switch off the boiler completely for 30 seconds switch it on press the +1 hour timer button it comes on

Any ideas gratefully received

Now you have signed up to BG Homecare.

They do expect its all working on their initial inspection. However, all is not lost! Thay will take on board that situation. But they do CHARGE more!

Their inspection at busy times can take weeks!

Of the schemes that do quote a time then most say you cannot make a claim within two months!

Tony

Sponsored Links
cheak for 240v on black wire on pcb, its the one with a blue & brown in the same molex if there is, faulty pcb if not faulty external control ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back