Vaillant Boiler Advice Please

Thank you EVERYONE for your time, it really is appreciated.

Agile, Im over the moon, you have solved my problem and I wish I could buy you a drink (if that's your thing).

I had brand new batteries in the timer and they are Alkaline. This removed the low battery symbol so I thought all was well. However, these batteries were bought in a discount shop and are not a well known brand so on your advice I have just changed them for a couple of Energizer MAX batteries that I had at home and boom, boiler is reacting to the timer to turn on and off when required (tested 3 times).

Thank you so much.
Agile likes fine Indian dining and saris!

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Im back as the issue is not resolved as I thought / hoped.
The boiler ran ok on Sunday but when the bolier went off, it did not react to the later setting that I had set and remained off just like before. I have changed the batteries again just in case they are being drained (l dont think they are though). This time to Duracell Optimum.
The new bit of information I have which makes it all more weirder for me but hopefully more obvious for an expert is that if I do a reset (turn the boiler and receiver off at the mains and reset the Thermostat), when I turn the boiler and receiver back on, just the red light is on as expected, on the receiver and when the temperature reaches the setting I have set on the Thermostat the green light does come on the receiver, there is a click and the boiler switches on and stays on but it won't react to any other setting thereafter. This happens everytime I do the reset.

Any ideas anyone, this us so frustrating.

Thank You

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back