Vaillant boiler coming on then dying

Sponsored Links
There seems to be a real issue with my interest in this topic. This site is for people who are interested in learning- otherwise it would not exist. If you are not interested in this topic and do not want to read up on it, there's no need to be on this thread.

It collects in the neutral point on the system. It cannot be flushed out.
A half decent engineer will know exactly where to find it.
I’m not one for long posts especially when the match is on!
Thank you, Jeff the gasman.

Sponsored Links
The heat exchanger will likely block up again with magnetite, unless the system is given a very thorough flush, a filter added and inhibitor to prevent the formation of magnetite in the future.

The heat exchanger will likely block up again with magnetite, unless the system is given a very thorough flush, a filter added and inhibitor to prevent the formation of magnetite in the future.
Thank you for this, Harry.

Does magnetite only form in the heat exchanger or other parts of the boiler, too? If the contractor does not give the system a thorough flush, and does not add a filter and inhibitor (simply only replaces the heat exchanger), how long do you give this new heat exchanger lasting before this issue of the boiler shutting down starts to occur again?

What makes you think the heat exchanger is blocked?
Not saying it isn’t but I haven’t been there.
What tests would you do to locate the blockage? If indeed it is a blockage.
Magnetite is iron oxide and usually collects in the neutral system point.
What do you think? X

There seems to be a real issue with my interest in this topic. This site is for people who are interested in learning- otherwise it would not exist. If you are not interested in this topic and do not want to read up on it, there's no need to be on this thread.
Wrong! This site is to help people who are willing to have a go at doing it themselves. It is not a tutorial site, though there are many short tutorials here too. There are many tutorial sites elsewhere in which you can learn about heating systems. What you won't get here is a custom training package specific to your system.
It is admirable that you are seemingly interested in keeping your landlord's costs down, but if you have no interest in doing it yourself then maybe it is you who is on the wrong site. Perhaps the best outcome would be to show this thread to your landlord so that he/she can challenge the contractor's competence.

MM

Wrong! This site is to help people who are willing to have a go at doing it themselves. It is not a tutorial site, though there are many short tutorials here too. There are many tutorial sites elsewhere in which you can learn about heating systems. What you won't get here is a custom training package specific to your system.
It is admirable that you are seemingly interested in keeping your landlord's costs down, but if you have no interest in doing it yourself then maybe it is you who is on the wrong site. Perhaps the best outcome would be to show this thread to your landlord so that he/she can challenge the contractor's competence.

MM
I do not believe I am on the wrong site and as mentioned before, we all have free agency. If this thread does not interest, there is no need to be here.

This is a positive, educational thread. Negativity and divisiveness is not welcome in my space.

I thank you all for respecting the tenet of this thread moving forward.

Last edited:
I do not believe I am on the wrong site and as mentioned before, we all have free agency. If this thread does not interest, there is no need to be here.

This is a positive, educational thread. Negativity and divisiveness is not welcome in my space.

I thank you all for respecting the tenet of this thread moving forward.
Are there any more stock woke phrases you'd care to throw around?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back