Vaillant boiler ecotec plus 831 F28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. I'm a very novice DIY person. Our boiler has developed an F28 fault. We had the same problem in the snow last year. The pressure gauge was OK but I have checked it and restarted the boiler but it still keeps cutting out and going back to the F28 fault status. Does anyone have any idea what I could do. I think my chances of getting an engineer before Christmas are slim and it's very cold in here.

Sponsored Links
F28 = No gas
Isufficient gas
Incorrect gas valve adjustment
Electrode defective
Ignition lead defect
Electronic igniter defective
Check air inlet duct.

Most if not all the above require RGI

Your reglator could be frozen on your gas meter, is the gas meter out side? you could poor boiling water over the reglator or call bg network services....

Yes the meter is outside and the boiler is sort of outside - in an unheated cupboard off the back porch, butting up to the kitchen. I will try putting a little blow heater in it. Many thanks for your comment.

Sponsored Links
Turn the boiler on,in heating mode,reset F28 fault. press the Information button,what is the status of the boiler?

hey. do you have a gas cooker in the house? if thats working then its not the gas meter, more likley the gas valve or ionsation. if you dont have another gas appliance try the boiling water on the reg at the gas meter..

It's froze condense always gives f28 an nothin to do with gas . That's y it did it last year in snow! There r loads doin it I am afraid all makes all models but the ecotec always shows f28 or red light if it's apro. It's the plastic pipe that needs thawing out

Thanks so much bunnyman. I will put a small heater in the cupboard and keep my fingers crossed. It is warmer today at least.

HI Iv just had boiler man come round and it was the plastic black outlet water pipe outside that was causing the problem-it was frozen solid-he pulled it off n empted the ice and said keep an eye on it-works perfect now-no more f28/29 on the ecotec plus boiler. merry xmas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back