TurboMax Plus 824 E. F28 after water pressure drop.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Something's gone funny with my TurboMax Plus 824E boiler.

On return from one week holiday, found water pressure had dropped to near zero and have an F28 on the display.

Found the pressure problem (radiator valve leak) and repressurized.

Checked the gas valve was open i.e. nobody had fiddled with it while I was away.

Reset the boiler several times but tries to ignite and then goes back to F28 after three goes. I can hear the clicking of the ignition.

Is there anything I can do to further diagnose the problem? Is there a way I can see the ignition spark? I'd like to try and get a bit further if possible but will call an engineer out if I've done all I can.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Andrew

Sponsored Links
On many boilers that would indicate a tripped manual reset overheat stat.

However, I dont think your model does not have one as it relies on the sensors to indicate an out of range temperature condition.

It might be an ignition/gas fault which is coincidental to the low pressure.

As those faults need a competent registered engineer that might be your best option.

Tony

Hi

Thanks for fast reply! I agree it's probably a coincidence.

Unless anyone has any other ideas, I'll call an engineer.

Thanks,

Andrew

it sounds like a gas related problem have you been able to confirm that there is no other issues with any other appliances (gas)

Sponsored Links
I'm wondering how to, given it's the only gas appliance in the flat. All I thought of doing earlier was checking the lever at the gas box outside was in the open position. Any other ideas? Is there a way to check that gas is available?

Thanks,

Andrew

there is away but without sounding petty im not going to tell you in the interests of h&s :(

so no not really im afraid its time for a rgi to take a look

odds are it will need a repair that will require a rgi anyway

are you any good with using a multimeter or voltage tester :?:
maybe able to help you without involving any gas related bits and bobs

No probs, I don't want to disconnect something and light a match :)

I'll get a proper person on it.

Cheers!

Andrew

Other than checking the resistance of the gas valve solenoid and checking for an applied voltage at the appropriate timing I dont see that many more electrical tests are likely to be going to help.

However, the standard gas tests would be quicker and lead to a faster diagnosis in most cases.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back