Vaillant turbomax plus 828E occasional fault " F28 &quo

I do sympathise with you... we also have the same model boiler with the same intermittent problem!

Apparently they are one of the most expensive and most reliable boilers - LOLl!

The only reliability with them is that every 12 - 24 months you HAVE to take out boiler insurance to cover the cost of replacing the diverter valve every time!!! I think these boilers were designed to keep the boiler engineers in a job!

We have previously had a BAXI and a WORCESTER boiler in our previous houses - with absolutely no problems at all. We moved into this house with a brand new boiler (the above mentioned Vaillant model) fitted not long before they put it up for sale and just after about a year of its life the problems began.

ANYONE READING THIS... DO NOT BUY A VAILLANT!

And just to finish... the clue of a diverter valve on the floor at your house is a very good clue, although looking at the installation manual (not the user manual) an f22 fault (which we keep getting) can also indicate a pump defect, pump lead defect or not enough water in the system.

Either way, be prepared to fork out a fortune every year for insurance - for parts that cost nowhere near that.

This is not a dig at what engineers charge but purely a dig at VAILLANT who designed and produced the piece of expensive trash!

sorry - had to get that off my chest!

MAY BE WORTH CALCULATING IF A CHANGE OF BOILER IS CHEAPER IN THE LONG RUN IF YOU PLAN TO STAY IN YOUR HOUSE FOR A LONG TIME AHEAD!? - I THINK WE MAY CONSIDER IT WHEN WE CAN AFFORD IT OR IF ANY SPECIAL DEALS COME UP.

Regards

i agree with you vaillant boilers are crap unrealiable,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back