fault f28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a turbomax 828e that is 7 years old, I have recently had the boiler moved and a new divertor valve fitted but now the boiler goes into lock out and displays F28.
It takes at least 4 attemps to restart and runs fine as long as the heating is on but about 5 minutes after the heating goes off the boiler goes off and displays F28.

Any help would be welcomed.

Sponsored Links
F28 =
No gas
Insufficient gas
Incorrect gas valve adjustment
Electrode defective
ignition lead defect
Electronic igniter defective, ;)

Thanx bobw1956,

after about 15 times of my hubby trying to ignite the flame it finally lit. I Just hope it stays on. :confused:

Will let you know!!

No hot water or heating :( :(

Hubby tried flushing whole system through drain on radiator, going to try and hose rads today.

Anyone have any other ideas? or had same problem?.

Thanx

Sponsored Links
Thanks, was hoping someone might know what it may be and how much it might cost to repair. Had saved for a while to pay for new divertor valve and have the boiler moved now this!!

Would be even better to get the guy that moved it back.

Spoke to Vaillant who said it was the ignition electrobe flame sensor!! big call out charge for small part.

Engineer came back who moved the boiler, gas inlet pressure 24mb with boiler not runnng, but he also said gas is going to the gas valve but not out. Does anyone know if that means I need a new gas valve or is it something to do with the inlet pressure.

Please help, everyone seems to think its something different.

if gas is getting to the inlet but not out

err the valve is closed

diddly squat to do with the inlet pressure

is it getting power would be my first question :idea:

is the boiler sparking?? he needs to check across the valve for voltage and a resistence check. also check the gas valve lead ithis has a tiny microchip inside if this is faulty and a new gas valve is fitted this could cause the pcb to blow.if your man is unsure he would be better speaking to tech help at vaillant who will give him info on resistence checks n the fault will be found pretty quickly. if no spark check the air pressure switch had a couple go on these boilers go.

valve then. u could try give it a tap on the side with the back of a driver when its on start up. but more than a new one is on the cards. sorry about the last post been abit late i was eating my tea

Nath

Thanks Nath

Hubby has just tried tapping it but still no joy, after 3 attemps of lighting, it goes back to lock out f28.

sorry read that wrong. yeah id be swapping the gas valve. make sure u have the correct lead for the valve if your engineer dosent know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back