Turbo Max problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I have a TurboMax 824 with a lock out problem.
When heating is turned on, boiler fires, burner light comes on for about two seconds then goes to lock out after three attempts. The heating will stay on if the hot water is run for a few minutes first and may run for up to an hour and then go to lockout Fault code F28 and 29 which is ignition or gas supply. Ignition and gas would appear fine since it is fine in HW mode. Iv changed the diverter valve with no joy.
WHAT AM I MISSING?

Sponsored Links
F28 means it has not lit or may have lit but not rectified or if newer turbo post 2003 it may have no water or low pressure switch is faulty f29 means it has lit and rectified an then gone out might b blocked flue etc possible low rate to low as u say...this model it lights on ch low for a minute or two before high flame needs reg engineer for this one

Sponsored Links
OP's in London he can get the agile in for a no fix no fee job, what a lucky guy! :D

Thanks for your response.
Plenty of pressure in the system, before and after I changed the diverter valve.
Could a rectification fault be intermittent - and only show up on heating?
Same question with regard to the flue.
The heating will run if the hot water is run for two or three minutes first!!!!!?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back