Vaillant Turbo max problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody help please.
Vaillant Turbo max boiler, approx 8yrs old, seviced onece a year.
Fault - Ignition Indicator light flashes when boiler shuts down ?.
To get the boiler running again it has to be turned off then back on.
This happens after hot water has run through taps and or central heating has been running.

Sponsored Links
Start with the simplest by checking system pressure and top up if necessary. Also check for air in system.

Thanks for your reply.
System pressure is 1.75 bar.
I will try bleeding the radiators of air.

if you have the literature that came with the boiler have a look in the troubleshooting guide,i had 2 heating engineers to look at mine,cost a fortune for nothing,i got the words and music out in fustration had a look through and found the fault that 2 pro he couldnt find,as soon as i looked it was staring me in the face ten minutes cleaning a switch all ok.im not saying you would be so lucky but its worth a try ....all the best...dave

Sponsored Links
Hi i am a central heating engineer to be honest i am not sure anyone will be able to help you via a forum as this particular fault needs looking at

if you have ignition problems it could be anything from the electrodes, gas valve.....and so on i would not advise you to even dream of trying to figure out what the problem is as it really does need a qualified engineer to look at this based on what you have typed

if i was the engineer looking at this boiler I would be first resetting it and listening to whether the boiler actually tries to spark then try to see if you can see the spark and so on also if it is a turbomax pro that you have these boilers can tell you the history of fault codes which helps. Experience tells me that when gas valves go on turbomaxes they have a tendency to take out the PCB too very expensive and sometimes a difficult one for the customers to understand

sharpedge
in defence of gas engineers or heating engineer try to appreciate that some intermittent faults are the worst kind of faults for us to figure out if the boiler is working when you get there unless you have particular experience of the particular boiler you are working on its very dificult if not impossible to come of with a definitive diagnoses at that very moment or even visit

by the way what turbomax is it? is it the one with the black front panel with green selector switches or grey panel with grey or green slector switches?

if you have the literature that came with the boiler have a look in the troubleshooting guide,i had 2 heating engineers to look at mine,cost a fortune for nothing,i got the words and music out in fustration had a look through and found the fault that 2 pro he couldnt find,as soon as i looked it was staring me in the face ten minutes cleaning a switch all ok.im not saying you would be so lucky but its worth a try ....all the best...dave

shouldnt get clowns then :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back