vaillant boiler ecotec plus 831 high pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A generous plumber neighbour sorted the F28 fault on our boiler which was a frozen condense pipe as suggested by two forum users.

But we now have another problem.

The pressure was fine when we restarted it, having cleared the condense pipe. But now it is much too high - right in the red range so we had to turn it off. Tried bleeding the rads to lower it but it climbed back up.

Could there be something our neighbour forgot to do when resetting things? We are really reluctant to call him out again. He did us a favour and we don't know him very well.

Any suggestions welcome as we have had to turn the boiler off.

Sponsored Links
You should know how to increase the pressure.

Either two screws under boiler or a seperate filling loop with silver braid ( or both ).

That may have been left party leaking.

Ask him where it is if you dont know.

Tony

Hi Tony
Thanks for posting. I know how to increase the pressure. I need to know how to decrease it. I did it by bleeding the radiators but it just keeps climbing back up.

Sponsored Links
Looks like you have left the filling valve open,and water is still entering the system,hence the pressure is still rising ;)

Sounds like the filling loop is open or passing and allowing more water into the boiler/central heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back