Vaillant boiler leak and PCB error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

While searching for answers I came across this forum and thought I'd see if anyone could help.

I've got a Vaillant ecoTek 824 combi boiler and yesterday we noticed there was no hot water and it displayed an f.61 error. In the past the lack of hot water has been caused by low pressure so we opened the valves and raised pressure a little.

This didn't fix the issue so I turned the boiler off and on again and this time it came up with a Con error.

When I opened it up to check I found a leak from this pipe on the left hand side of the boiler:

https://imgur.com/gallery/kD5ad1g

I believe that this has caused a short in the wiring/pcb hence the fault codes. Now if I have to replace the PCB so be it but id love to know first of all what is causing the leak and how to remedy it.

If anyone can shed some light on this I would really appreciate it. I'm by no means an expert on these things!

Many thanks :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
As you need to be gas safe to open a boiler not many people will reply. Best to call a gas safe engineer.

Sponsored Links
I beleive its quite common for vaillants to develope leaks on rubber hoses with time.

Your error may be down to water getting in the wiring, but it could also be unrelated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back