PCB replacement - procedure/recommendations & exploring the topic.

Whilst I've not had cause to use them myself, I do know several people who have used CET in Watford with no issues. An electrician I use knows (and rates) the owner and whilst that's hardly grounds for making recommendations to others on an Internet forum I personally wouldn't have reservations going there having heard so many positives. Some reviews on Google might be of interest/use.

All said and done I can completely understand why others might not be comfortable buying anything but new and therefore quite happy to pay the premium.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If you want some serious reading about testing electronic equipment then look at boundary scan testing..
such as THIS

Do many boiler PCBs support boundary scan? I was always under the impression (from the admittedly limited sample size I've seen) that most boiler PCBs are of rather crude design and lacking in even basic features such as input/output protection and wouldn't therefore expect much in the way of whole-board test interfaces, not least given the usual repair method being via replacement.

Last edited:
Do many boiler PCBs support boundary scan?

Some may use a form of boundary scanning to verify the integrity of processor and memory devices during manufacture,

most boiler PCBs are of rather crude design

I have always wondered about the amount of processing power that is present on a boiler PCB and how much of it is actually used

lacking in even basic features such as input/output protection

yes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back