Vaillant boiler leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant combi boiler, but I don't know what model it is ( :confused: pretty basic stuff I know, but I can't see anything that would tell me). It was in my flat when I bought it and I don't have any instructions/manuals.

There is a leak from the CH flow pipe. I noticed some corrosion in this area when I switched the heating on after the summer and there was evidence of a small leak (a couple of rusty drip marks).

Last weekend I bled the radiators and set the pressure to just over 1bar. The leak is now worse (I need a bowl, but can still run the heating) and the pressure falls off.

Initially I thought the leak was coming from here.

But it's actually from above.

Realistically, I know I will have to get a professional in to fix it, but I would be very grateful if somebody could offer a diagnosis and give me an idea of the cost of parts and labour (I'm in London).

Also, is it okay to keep running the central heating until I can get it repaired? I have a very young baby and don't want to switch it down unless I have to.

Thanks for any advice. Charlotte

Sponsored Links
new diverter valve body and an hours labour i reckon. £200 inc vat max. justa guess mind you but i'd be surprised if it was more

You basicaly need to get this part changed. You need to find a corgi registered engineer to change it.

if my eyes do not decieve me :eek: then your leak is coming from the actuating part of the diverter valve, I have to admit that I have never seen them fail in quite this way before! I suggest a quick replacement as who is to say if the leak will not progress any further, hope this helps :D

Sponsored Links
a mate had one leak just ike this about 2 weeks ago and he said the same thing :LOL:

Thanks ever so much for your speedy replies - very much appreciated.

Does anyone know what model it is, or where it should tell me?

Had to change the div valve on my mothers Vaillant 2 weeks ago for this reason. I have a freinds who is a Vailliant/Hepworth engineer and he says it is becoming a particular weak point on vailliants that use this valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back