Vaillant Boiler Leaking Help Please !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I have been told I need a new boiler but can barely afford my mortgage payments and have another Nipper on the way !

I have a Valliant TurboMax Plus 824e and there is a leaky part which is the brass chamber which is atteached to the Divertor Valve.

It has holes around the egde and the bottom one drips as the hot water tap turns on.

Any ideas what the name of the part is, also could I replace it myself as funds are real tight ! (Unlike my boiler bits)

Happy New Year to you all !

Ash :)

Sponsored Links
What nonsence!

Your boiler is relatively modern and completely repairable!

We visit and diagnose faults at a fixed single fee of £84 plus any parking. If the diverter needed changing then that is replaced on the same visit for £104 to bring the total to pay to £188.

How can anyone tell you the boiler has to be changed when it can be repaired for about £188 ??? Not British Gas was it? You should complain if it was a genuine firm!

Tony

Thanks for the reply.

The bit that is leaky is the part that the divertor valve fits into. which in turn also screws into other pipes. It is a brass fitting.

Any ideas what this would cost to replace and what the part is called ??

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
It's the diverter valve, around the £80 - £100 price. They are often on ebay a lot cheaper but caveat emptor. :)

About the easiest boiler repair to do.

Re-charge the expansion vessel see the FAQ's, and replace the auto air vent (the brass lump on the back of the pump).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back