Vaillant boiler loud whining/drone help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

this has been going on for months, our letting agent/landlord and engineer have been useless, local council & environmental health are now involved but hoping someone might be able to give me some pointers.

the Boiler is an Vaillant EcoTec Pro24, it's quite new and still under warranty.

An engineer has looked at it several times but hasn't been able to either diagnose or fix anything.

video of the noise...

the noise is on and off all the time, right over the bedrooms and loud enough to drive us mad.

it'll start when a hot tap is turned on, and intermittently when the heating is on.

it's just easier to have the the heating off at night.

Engineer is coming back on Wednesday, lots of complaining, writing letters, getting council EH involved have got us nowhere.

I know it'll probably be very hard & maybe not even possible to diagnose exactly what is wrong but i have NO faith at all in the engineer they are using, so if anyone has any suggestions at all I would be very grateful.

If as I suspect he wont have a clue on Wednesday I'll probably try and get someone else in as a last resort.

Sponsored Links
was there not a few recent posts on here about the pump plate causing this ?

Sponsored Links
wish it was....

engineer said he couldn't touch it due to being under warranty and had to go back to the landlord, who wont speak to him or the letting agents, complete farce which is why it has been dragging on for long, hoping now Council/Environmental Health are involved things will start happening but I'm not optimistic.

thanks for the feedback, if nothing happens this week I'll probably just get someone else in anyway.

why would you think that EH would get involved with a boiler fault ?

After months of getting nowhere with our landlord & letting agent I was advised to get in touch with them and they are helping....

After months of getting nowhere with our landlord & letting agent I was advised to get in touch with them and they are helping....
sorry I am a gas engineer and cant understand why they would , it has absolutely nothing to do with them, they wouldnt have any power or any expertise in this matter, we know what the problem is but Environmental Health have absolutely nothing to do with it, who are you poisoning with your noise ?????

sorry I am a gas engineer and cant understand why they would , it has absolutely nothing to do with them, they wouldnt have any power or any expertise in this matter, we know what the problem is but Environmental Health have absolutely nothing to do with it, who are you poisoning with your noise ?????

All i can tell you is because we were getting nowhere I was advised to contact them, emailed the account of what has been going on and this was their reply...

"Good Morning

I have confirmed with our officers that this is something that can be investigated. Could you please provide your address so that it can be allocated to the officer who looks after your area"

They deal with all aspects of housing. We now have an Officer who will be calling on Wednesday for an update.

All i can tell you is because we were getting nowhere I was advised to contact them, emailed the account of what has been going on and this was their reply...

"Good Morning

I have confirmed with our officers that this is something that can be investigated. Could you please provide your address so that it can be allocated to the officer who looks after your area"

They deal with all aspects of housing. We now have an Officer who will be calling on Wednesday for an update.
That only says that they have received your complaint , it has absolutely nothing to do with them , new letter coming

Itis a known problem unfortunately for you it is only your problem noise wise , you can not get the Manu to sort it , you will have to get your landlord to ask them as he owns the boiler you dont

It’s the erp pump that’s the issue as the manifold housing is coming away internal ,so the flow of water causes noise issues at different flow rates. Vaillant will change pump/complete manifold. Grundfos had loads of faulty ones.
Take about 35 mins to change with test
Hope this helps

That only says that they have received your complaint , it has absolutely nothing to do with them , new letter coming

EH do cover this, it's just a fact...

https://www.gov.uk/private-renting/repairs

"Contact the environmental health department at your local council for help. They must take action if they think the problems could harm you or cause a nuisance to others."

That's what we were advised to do because they have not been able to diagnose the fault, EH have already been in contact with us.

@Hason

thank you, now found out the boiler is out of warranty, will be getting someone in to look at it asap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back