Vaillant boiler - no hot water, help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a Vaillant Ecomax boiler which was working perfectly until I had to turn it off to re-route a hot water pipe in the kitchen (I had to disconnect that water pipe briefly). After that the central heating works just fine but the hot water system doesn't; it just wont fire up - the little tap sign doesn't come on in the viewing screen. Is it possibly a bleeding issue?

Thanks for any help/advice.

Sponsored Links
Have you reversed the flow direction through the boiler?

Tony

Hi check u haven't crossed the hot an cold pipes when u reconnected if u have it won't fire. If these pipes are ok then u prob got some dirt in the aquasensor wheel turn mains off an remove with circlip pliers

If you have not reopened one of the filling loop screws it will cut off the HW supply.

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

Thanks so much to you all - its worked! In separating and reconnecting the hot and cold pipes I had made the mistake of connecting hot to cold and vice versa. I've changed them back and we're back in business.

No more cold showers!

Thanks folks.
Laws

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back