Vaillant boiler not turning on

Sponsored Links
I have attached a picture of the controls that I use. Be electric board I meant that I had opened the boiler circuit board initially to check if a fuse had blown so I have a picture of that as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1937.JPG
    IMG_1937.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 246
Thats a wired time switch. Theres nothing to reset. It is switched off in that picture. Press the select button to move the arrow to timed. Press the advance button if the red light isnt on. Do you have a room thermostat?

Sponsored Links
A DIYer should not remove the casing on that boiler model as it forms the room sealing to make it safe.

After opening it yourself you should really call a gas registered engineer to check it.

Tony

@wannocks the red light turns on when I press select. But there is no heating still. None of the lights on the boiler turn on as well. I have a thermostat that is set at full temperature for now. Still no joy.

Hi everyone, problem solved! I have heating. Had to bleed the radiators and restart the boiler. Thank you so much for all your help!

Why say that ? We are experienced engineers in here? The water worked ok, you were told to press the i button, it told u s30, u were told that was no signal to the boiler, either a faulty clock or stat, bleeding rads an resetting would not have solved the problem

@Bunnyman i am not an an engineer and I don't claim to know how things work. Someone suggested bleeding the radiators and I gave it a go... it worked! I have no idea why.

BTW, I did not get any error code, not even s30.

I am keen to understand why bleeding solved the problem.

My comment says 5.30 as in the numbers and not s30. If you read my comment at 10:15 yesterday, I also added...

"Update: hot water works but I don't get any error code when I press "i". The 5.30 that I see cannot be an error code. Perhaps it is pressure or something else."

I'm not trying to argue with you because you guys clearly know more than me. I'm clarifying what I said.

Any idea why bleeding the radiators solve my problem?

Look mate its a common mistake so dont take this the wrong way, its not 5.30, it looks like a 5 but its not, thr i button goves u a status code... hence it looks like a 5 but its not it S , the code u had was S.30 , no call from external controls hence we know, its a faulty stat or clock or it wasn't turned on right

Ah I see, my apologies. I must have read it wrong then.

I have been living in this flat for almost 3 years and never had any issues with the boiler or the controls. I could not have made a mistake turning it on right because I have used it a lot. So if the problem is narrowed down to faulty stat or clock, I can't understand the connection with bleeding the radiators. That should not have solved my problem but it did!

When I get back home after work today evening, I will check if I still get the error code or if there is something else in the display.

Look mate its a common mistake so dont take this the wrong way, its not 5.30, it looks like a 5 but its not, thr i button goves u a status code... hence it looks like a 5 but its not it S , the code u had was S.30 , no call from external controls hence we know, its a faulty stat or clock or it wasn't turned on right

Well actually it is a"5" as that's all the display can show!

But Vaillant use the "5" as an "S" to show a status indication

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back