Vaillant Boiler not warming enough

Thank you. Being a novice, I don't understand much of what you said (SORRY!). Is it possible you can tell me exactly what I need to do?

I assumed you were happy to look at D Codes etc. We can all guess at the end of a keyboard, but touch, sight & sound are removed from the equation. Without being there we are all relying on your interpretation of the process. No offence mate, you've had a go, but time to call a professional I think.

Sponsored Links
I assumed you were happy to look at D Codes etc. We can all guess at the end of a keyboard, but touch, sight & sound are removed from the equation. Without being there we are all relying on your interpretation of the process. No offence mate, you've had a go, but time to call a professional I think.

None taken. I think your right. I will see if I can get a Vaillant professional out to get this sorted. I've not had any experience of Vaillant Engineers and just hope they don't blame it simply on the radiators and do a thorough check.

Sponsored Links
Thank you. Being a novice, I don't understand much of what you said (SORRY!). Is it possible you can tell me exactly what I need to do?
You seem hell bent on not dipping into your pocket in order to employ a professional..
Enough is enough sometimes....any advise given you want dissected down to the last detail...it gets tedious to say the least.

You seem hell bent on not dipping into your pocket in order to employ a professional..
Enough is enough sometimes....any advise given you want dissected down to the last detail...it gets tedious to say the least.

I don't know where you've got the idea that I'm not willing to spend money, because if you had bothered reading post #92, you'd have realised that I've already said to Bunny that I was going to get Vaillant if I don't succeed. As for asking for advise, I was very clear that I'm a novice and I would like instructions. All I've done is followed what everyone has told me, even if it meant that some instructions were from different experts, giving different advise. Many users on here will be novices or amateur diyers, whom will require basic help and I'm one of them. No point having a forum, if your not willing to help people who are trying to learn and there is no need to be on the defensive. Just like with a computer a beginner would be guided how to get to a certain app/command, then I also am asking for similar instructions with boiler menus.

Finally you can't be vague and have to be clear what you are instructing me to do. Just as an example:-

Switch on Room Stat to 22C
Wait x minutes
Now goto option INSTALLER > DIAGNOSTICS > D.00x and give us the reading.

Otherwise, I'll end up going around in following your instructions.

1 pick up the phone
2 speak to lovely lady on other end of phone
3 make appointment
4 let engineer do his magic well sort of
5 pay the money
6 you have heating and hot water that works properly

six easy steps instead of 7 pages :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: , just joking by the way

@ripperuk we all understand your plight mate and you sound like the sort of chap who wants to 'know' rather than just having it 'fixed', which is an engineering trait and is commendable (y)
However, a lot of time has been invested by a lot of parties in this thread (including yourself) and it's time to bite the bullet and get a technician in! I'm sure if you tell him you're interested and supply plenty of tasty hot beverages you'll get his diagnoses and solution explained to you :D
For an engineer, There is NO substitute for having the components in front of you, and being able to whisper to them (& occasionally swear at them) :sneaky:

@ripperuk we all understand your plight mate and you sound like the sort of chap who wants to 'know' rather than just having it 'fixed', which is an engineering trait and is commendable (y)
However, a lot of time has been invested by a lot of parties in this thread (including yourself) and it's time to bite the bullet and get a technician in! I'm sure if you tell him you're interested and supply plenty of tasty hot beverages you'll get his diagnoses and solution explained to you :D
For an engineer, There is NO substitute for having the components in front of you, and being able to whisper to them (& occasionally swear at them) :sneaky:

I appreciate it mate. Thank you. I will be contacting vaillant today and I will do my best to update you if a problem is found.

I have spoken to Vaillant technical department. They have said that they can't figure out the problem, although they are suspecting it's a flow & return issue.

I have spoken to Vaillant technical department. They have said that they can't figure out the problem, although they are suspecting it's a flow & return issue.

FFS! Over the phone?
Get some eyes on! This can't be remedied via remote control!!

I think steelmasons was right, seems the op will do any thing rather than get someone out to it.

I think steelmasons was right, seems the op will do any thing rather than get someone out to it.

Our GP now rings us back after trying to make an appointment to see him/her via the receptionist; before we can actually go and see them... the world has gone feckin mad!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back