Vaillant Boiler not warming enough

Check flow/return temps in d.40/41 when calling for heat (room stat cranked up high).

Sponsored Links
Just switched room stat on 10 mins ago. Readings are:-

D40 (Actual Flow) = 38c
D41 (Return) = 31c

Sponsored Links
That's good..
Increase d.00 to 14kw and monitor flow/return temps. (all trv's open).

What would the symptoms be if the diverter valve was sticking (especially after not being used all summer)?

Okay at 14kw:-

D40 = 56C
D41 = 51C

However, has now dropped:-

D40 = 52C
D41 = 48C

Just to let you know, the room stat is set at 35C and all TRVs are set to 5 Max.

Is the burner triangle constant on left hands side of display?
So the rads are now heating with burner staying on?

Okay at 14kw:-

D40 = 56C
D41 = 51C

However, has now dropped:-

D40 = 52C
D41 = 48C

Just to let you know, the room stat is set at 35C and all TRVs are set to 5 Max.

Do you have a magnetic filter?
If so, check the state of it.

Here is the temperature of the Central Heating when the boiler was running earlier:-

20160929_195702.jpg
Burner status symbol will mirror image bar status symbol.
This is getting hard work , good luck with it..

Can you confirm what make of controls you have :rolleyes: and also let us know the figure you have at D.009 when the boiler is firing.

I can only sincerely apologise as I know I'm a lot slower than most people to catch on what your exactly asking me to do, but please give me a chance as I'm still trying to learn. Whereas you guys will know the boiler and CH system inside out, I admit that I know very little and I'm a novice. Also I usually require step-by-step instructions as to what you want me to do, exactly what options to choose and what information you require.

Anyway, to make life easier for everyone, I decided instead of posting pictures, I'll post some recorded videos (HOPE this helps!):-

BOILER RUNNING WITH ICONS ON DISPLAY

ME GOING THROUGH SETTINGS. (Watch 30 seconds onwards....Suddenly 66C dropping to 65C)

AS YOU CAN SEE THE TEMP HAS QUICKLY DROPPED FROM 66C TO 54C & THEN BURNER KICKS IN AGAIN

Can you confirm what make of controls you have :rolleyes: and also let us know the figure you have at D.009 when the boiler is firing.

Which controls are you referring to bunny? If it's radiator valves, then they some have trv and some have the spanner-type valves. Not sure about the boiler.

Also do I just start it up and get you the D.009 figure or do you want me to actually run the boiler until it's hot and then get you the figure for D.009????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back