Vaillant Boiler not warming enough

Sponsored Links
In 'auto' mode the boiler 'self configures' itself to the heat load it 'thinks' the system requires.....problem being the dumb fooker ain't as clever as it thinks it is..:ROFLMAO:

ROFLOL!!! That's so funny.

But does this mean the higher the d.000 KW setting, the higher the temperature can reach? And the lower the KW, then the quicker the boiler will cut out once temperature has reached?

Sorry to bump this thread, but I was wondering if you could please give me an answer to post #32?

Also does say choosing 30kw, mean I'm running this boiler equivalent to a 30kw boiler?

Thanks

Maybe you could have the decency to post an update since changing the parameters.
You might also have the decency to thank all involved.

Sponsored Links
Apologies steelmasons and to anyone else. Guys, I really do appreciate your help and I'm really grateful for any advice you give. Thank you.

....I actually had just started the boiler and decided to post on here whilst trying out the different settings.

18kw - went to about 68C, then dropped to approx 60C - Burner Mode: On, then slowly back up to 68C again

30kw - went to full 75C and stayed there for about 7-10 mins, then dropped to approx 61C - Burner Mode: On, then slowly back up to 75C again

Thermostat is very slowly climbing from 18C to 18.5C (Taken approx 45mins)

Is radiator balancing related to where some radiators are hot and some are cold?

Now that you've asked, I have noticed that some of the radiators are colder from the bottom, whereas some are very hot. Me thinks it's possibly air lock or sludge, Or maybe not?

Last edited:
The roomstat is in the hallway. The reading from that is between 18C without heating and reaches to 20.5C max with heating.

I feel the issue is not with the thermostat in hallway as that's simply set to get the room to reach a certain temperature.

I think the cycle of the boiler temperature rising it's max 75C and then switching back to approx 60C and then back to 75C is due to a some setting switching it off.

Last edited:
get your system checked and balanced first before changing anything else on boiler, you know the heat can now be achieved so now sort the basics first .

haven't you tried releasing the air from the rads ?

get your system checked and balanced first before changing anything else on boiler, you know the heat can now be achieved so now sort the basics first .

haven't you tried releasing the air from the rads ?

Okay mate, thanks. I'll try the air bleeding and let you know how I get on. Cheers

You also need to do the balancing too.

Look at the FAQ to see how to do it.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back