Vaillant boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I have a Vaillant thermocompact vc gb 142e boiler running on natural gas, estimated to be about 10 years old.

This has been working on and off for the past 6 months, it keeps cutting out and I am having to switch it on and off to get it going again, now it just won't come back on, when repaired it lasts for two weeks and goes off again.

The problem started about 6 months ago and an actuator (??) was replaced on the boiler by a corgi installer as that's what he thought was causing the problem. I had a different company out to fix it two weeks ago when it again stopped working, he said it was a problem with the flue and he cleaned a bit of clear plastic pipe and it worked again. Now it's back off and at a cost of £100 a time, I am wondering if it's a better plan to just replace the boiler as when they do arrive to repair it, they are lost as to what the actual problem is and are confused due to the age and type of boiler.

Any info, help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
William

Sponsored Links
Why not get a contract with BG.

they will cover your boiler for all parts and labour.

You must mention however that the boiler is non operational and they will charge you a slightly increased premium to repair first before they take you on the contract.

your 10 year old vaillant should still have some life left in it yet!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back