Vaillant Boiler - Service Heat Generator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an EcoTech 825 Plus combi-boiler that is 2 years old and has had 2 services. The last service was October and I've checked the control panel and the next service is set for October 2018. However last week the controller started displaying 'Service Heat Generator' and the boiler display is showing the spanner icon but no other errors or flashing icons.

My question is what else could cause it to say Service Heat Generator when the heat generator has been serviced and isn't due for the next one for another 8 months?

I don't really want to pay for my installer to come out if it's something simple. I'm also happy to live with it until the next service if it's nothing important. Problem is the boiler seems to give you no useful information as to the cause of the issue...

Sponsored Links
There is an internal countdowm on these that needs to be reset.

Is that something I can do myself? I have the installer code thing, that is how I know the next service date on the control panel is 2018. My installer is not local so would have to travel to fix it. Does it make a difference if I ignore it?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back