Vaillant combi 824 Turbo Max Plus - low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just moved into a flat with a ten year old Vaillant combi 824 Turbo Max Plus. I know the Pressure Release Valve is leaking as the seller had a boiler service just before they sold and it was logged in the maintenance book although they neglected to tell me or get it sorted.

I have been refilling the system so that the pressure remains between 1 and 1.5 bar for the past couple of months knowing that I need to get it sorted then tonight suddenly both the hot water and heating have stopped. The error code is f.22 (low water) so I filled the system as per usual but it is still not giving hot water or heating. The status is now s.54 which apparently means "low level waiting period" (I got that from online rather than the manual). I have tried to reset the system, turned the boiler on and off but to no avail. Is there anything else I should try before calling out a plumber?

Grateful for any advice!

Sponsored Links
If it has been leaking for a long time then I expect there is a sludge buildup in the boiler.

This is likely to have affected the boiler and I expect you will need professional help to get it working and prevent even more damage occurring.

The seller should have made you aware of defects in the heating and you could have made a claim immediately you moved in as they did not disclose it.

Unfortunately refilling it when it was leaking will have made the sludge problem worse and that action is too late now.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back