Vaillant Combi boiler 10 years old fails to ignite for HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am starting a new thread because the previous report of this minor fault was taken over by a bunch of posters who spent their time attacking one another in their own private jargon. One was touting for business.

A Vaillant 242 is failing to light up intermittently for HW. It can be persuaded to do so by turning the CH full on, but this is not something I wish to do in summer, whenever i want hot water. When it does not light uop only the lowest green light stays illuminated. When it does, all the lights flash on as normal. This it does about 50% of the time. But it also stops during a shower run.

Vaillant sent a man around who was immediately aggressive and rude. He arrived three hours later and failed to phone to say when he was coming as he had agreed to do. He noticed that a radiator had been disconnected - which obviously I was unaware of, as it had been done by painters. On seeing this and it being 5 o clock, he walked out, sayint that I should buy a brand new boiler and claiming that it was dangerous to work under these conditions..

But I am aware that the new boilers are even less reliable than the older ones. Another visitor wanted to replace all the gas pipes, which I am sure is unnecessary. The quotes for fitting a new boiler, when anyone will give them run to thousands of pounds/

Is it any wonder that people turn to DIY or seek foreign workers who know so little english that they do not know how to be rude.

Sponsored Links
I checked your previous thread and reading the replies you got, you got your answer.

Talking about not using independents because you don't trust them, nows the time to build some trust - use the Gas Safe website to found a local registered engineer to help you with your problem.

And I wasn't touting for business either. :LOL:

Not worked for 7years so if you want the tools for a bit of DIY your welcome.

Your not happy with an independant and it seems your not happy with Vaillant, so the options are limited. :cry:

Sponsored Links
There is also British Gas!

They are not Vaillant and not an independent.

Probably the largest general boiler repairers. May not be the cheapest though!

Tony

You have been given the correct advice apart from DIA who was having a hissy fit and thinking Agile is the bees knees!

This is not a complicated problem so if you cant trust the independent call British Gas or Vaillant back on a fixed price repair

You have been given the correct advice apart from DIA who was having a hissy fit and thinking Agile is the bees knees!

This is not a complicated problem so if you cant trust the independent call British Gas or Vaillant back on a fixed price repair

Who was having a hissy fit. :eek: I gave the op good advice, and the usual morons took over and ruined the thread as per.

And agile is still the best guy I know to get the problem sorted.

Vaillant sent a man around who was immediately aggressive and rude.

Get Vailant back right. :LOL:

DoITALL you are entitled to your opinion which is fair play but there was no need to be derogatory to detriment of the others

Lets not ruin another thread shall we with your love in for Tony Glazier

Thank you

Hey Jamesensor , third thread and you should get lucky. :LOL:

Doitall ,so now it comes to petty name calling lolz

for a man who is retired you behave like petulant child and you want people to take you seriously behave yourself grandad

Miss-spelling the same as you. :LOL:

Don't think i could tie em up as still on the floor laughing. :LOL: , fookin 'nappyplumber' , heard it all now. :LOL:

Maybe ole DIA mis-hit the key , 'N' is directly under the 'H'. :mrgreen:

DoITALL you are entitled to your opinion which is fair play but there was no need to be derogatory to detriment of the others

Thank you

What would you call changing my username then if not derogatory.

Yep geewizz and the nappyplumber ruins another thread, just as we always knew they would :rolleyes:

That will be 4 so far this week Geewizz and his new pets have ruined. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back