Vaillant Service the company that says you are always wrong

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a ten year old Vaillant boiler, which was intermittently failing to fire up. This has now been fixed by a friendly neighbour who used to work for British Gas. He fiddled for a few minutes, finely adjusting some of the controls and now it fires up every time. If it gets worse again, he says it may need a new Diverter valve, for which Vaillant charge an astonishing £210 and which should take about two hours to fit.

A Vaillant fitter had been to fix it. I was forced to pay a large sum in advance, but when the man arrived late, it was already five on a Friday afternoon. He was chewing gum and did not introduce himself.

When he discovered that a painter had disconnected a radiator, of which I was unaware, he walked out. He later declared to Vaillant that the installation was dangerous, so no Vaillant employee was allowed to visit.

When I phoned to explain what had happenned, the Call Centre told me that Vaillant had no office in the UK and that there was nobody I could report to. The Call Centre person refused to give me his name or the name of the employee who had visited. After writing to German Head Office I received an astonishing letter from the UK, on plain paper with no address and no signature. It said the matter would be looked into.

Of course, nothing happenned although eventually I got my money back. Do they realise what impression this behaviour creates with customers? .

Sponsored Links
Do you actually have a DIY question or is this just a repeat of all your other posts?

Sponsored Links
There is alot missing to your little tale, and alot of questions already asked that you conviniently didnt answer in previous threads.

Do you plan on posting the same carp again next month

the only issues ive ever had with them is they try and steal your customers away via adverts throught the post.

If it gets worse again, he says it may need a new Diverter valve, for which Vaillant charge an astonishing £210 and which should take about two hours to fit.

When he discovered that a painter had disconnected a radiator, of which I was unaware, he walked out. He later declared to Vaillant that the installation was dangerous, so no Vaillant employee was allowed to visit.

How can you be "unaware" that a painter had disconnected a rad? If the Vaillant engineer can easily see that why did you not notice it?

If it was a Vaillant 242 then the last one I replaced resulted in a total charge of £242. They usually take about two hours but in that case everything went well and was finished within an hour! ( 59 min! ).

Tony

I was wondering when the monthly vaillant slagging offs would be posted, oh dear!

This person has numerous indentities , maybe the moderators can do something about this?

If the Mods don't I am sure that Vaillant UK will be thinking of taking legal action (slander etc) - as said there are many gaps in OP's story and it is ridiculous to claim that Vaillant has no UK base!!! :LOL:)
if I were the OP I would be very careful regarding posting on open forums! ;)

I have a ten year old Vaillant boiler, which was intermittently failing to fire up. This has now been fixed by a friendly neighbour who used to work for British Gas. He fiddled for a few minutes, finely adjusting some of the controls and now it fires up every time. If it gets worse again, he says it may need a new Diverter valve, for which Vaillant charge an astonishing £210 and which should take about two hours to fit.

A Vaillant fitter had been to fix it. I was forced to pay a large sum in advance, but when the man arrived late, it was already five on a Friday afternoon. He was chewing gum and did not introduce himself.

You sound like the customer from hell.

However, we know you're just a troll, so please feel free to fook off, and when you get there, please fook off a bit further. :rolleyes:

When I phoned to explain what had happenned, the Call Centre told me that Vaillant had no office in the UK and that there was nobody I could report to. The Call Centre person refused to give me his name or the name of the employee who had visited. After writing to German Head Office I received an astonishing letter from the UK, on plain paper with no address and no signature. It said the matter would be looked into.

Of course, nothing happenned although eventually I got my money back. Do they realise what impression this behaviour creates with customers? .

A Vaillant fitter had been to fix it. He was chewing gum and did not introduce himself.

. Do they realise what impression this behaviour creates with customers? .
He was masticating :eek: In fact he was a Mute Masticator

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back