No gassafe registration and/or warranty !

Sounds like a carp scheme to me - if like my company you have an Install Department and a SERVICE department that would like to keep the customer as a service client then this 5 year Homewombleserv is rubbish!! every notification would be like shooting yourself in the foot!! :eek:

That's why I fit Remeha 5 year warranty with the option to tell them that You will be doing the maintenance ;)

Sponsored Links
Vaillant dont nobble the 5 yr customers for servicing.

If they did, most of us would walk away.

The new ecoTEC mkIIs take the game to the next level, up to 1:6 modulation, really quiet.

The condense traps in Remeha look like they are made from a Tesco value lemonade bottle, I'm also worried about the safety implications of a plastic outer door. We started fitting them 6 yrs back, all the 5 yr warranties were argued by Remeha after yr 2 (we got a deal before the blanket 5 yr offer) and they have been flakey in service. Gas valves mainly. Havent fitted one since 2008 - have they improved?

Vaillant dont nobble the 5 yr customers for servicing.

If they did, most of us would walk away.

They do if your on advance scheme

There are other ways of getting 5 year warranty with out homeserve getting the customer details and pestering them tho.

I think the new ecotecs will be less reliable

Why?

The only big difference in terms of components iis the enhanced gas control and in time most manufacturers will be using this.

Viessmann already are, mind you, had my first lamda fault the other day, boiler working normally, but chucking out >2000ppm CO.......

They seem to be good at adaptation to gas supply, but the boiler seems to no way of checking it is working within safe parameters when the system fails..... Bit of a mixed blessing I guess.

Sponsored Links
I just think that these self adjusting valves are a mistake

Baxi had alot of problems when they first came out

I'm still fitting vaillants at the mo so hopefully they have been well tested. I don't really see why they changed anything if anything I would have modified the main HEX for a les restrictive one

The reason they change them all the time is money and profit.

Soon as they changed the model the previous version become obsolete, so the spares cost excessively more. :rolleyes:

Just managed to check for replies and thanks to everyone for their input. Particularly Tony - I will get a letter put together and email it across.

I guess talking about this with him is the way forward....

From his point of view he probably would want to avoid registering it with vaillant/homeserve under my address so I am tied into having him service it.

Anyway, no point second guessing things. Its in my house so I wouls like it registered to my address please.

cheers,

Greg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back