Vaillant combi-compact VCW GB221H Boiler - delay in ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant combi-compact VCW GB221H Boiler which when ignites everytime seems to make a very loud bang noise (delay in ignition). The appliances is about 8years old. Heating, hot water and pressure is OK.
Can anyone please advice/comment.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Had a CORGI engineer service the boiler, played around with adjustment on the gas valve,and concluded it is ok, and also cleaned around the burners, but the problem still has not been solved.

CAMY said:
Had a CORGI engineer service the boiler, played around with adjustment on the gas valve,and concluded it is ok, and also cleaned around the burners, but the problem still has not been solved.

then get another one that knows what he is doing

a flit ower the burner and playing with gas pressures does not constitute a service :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
I am sure the engineer must have carried the usual steps and procedures for servicing (No part were replaced). Previously only mentioned what i observed and assuring me this would resolve the problem.

Previously only mentioned what i observed and assuring me this would resolve the problem.

did it :?: :?: :?:

get the flaming pratt back and tell him you have paid him once on the premise that he would sort it

so why are you asking advice on a DIY forum then :?: :?: :?:

corgi reg means you are (supposedly) safe to work on a gas appliance and pipework NOTHING ELSE so go and get a decent bloke that knows what he is doing :idea:

In theory you should not adjust the gas pressure on a 221 these are factory set and sealed . Permenant pilot on these so it sounds like it needs cleaning out . A lot older than 8 years unless it lay on a shelf for a while

I seem to remember that Vaillant sealed their gas valves with lead seals to discourage tampering.

A few years later they decided to have a "recall" because they were all drifting upwards! Then they said you MUST check them all!

Tony

Can't remember seeing one which wasn't already untied, or had very high pressure never having been looked at.

Get a tightness test done by a corgi.

If theres any drop in pressure test again with the gas supply to the boiler isolated.
If there is no drop this time or less of a pressure drop that would point to the gas valve in your boiler not closing off properly.

You may have incorrectly connoted the
very loud bang noise
with
delayed ignition

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back