Vaillant Combi DHW Microswitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I put a post on here a few days ago re a Turbomax VUW 242/1/E with no HW except when the CH was on.
I had some advice from DP which mentioned a white plastic arm possibly broken or in need of adjustment. Having a fiddle last night, I discovered a black plastic arm with a brass pivot on the diverter valve which was not operating the microswitch. After turning the HW tap on, and poking around a bit, I got this working, and all was well for a few hours.
The problem seems to be it is loose at the front side, and able to move around quite freely, so after a few times of operating (if that) it needs replacing in postition.
DP if your reading this, or anybody else that knows.... Is it broken?? If so could I jam it in somehow?? It is difficult to see exactly how it is meant to work, and I have not taken the microswitch off to see if this plastic arm is a removable part that can be replaced. Or anybody have any diagrams of the assembly???

Thanks

Sponsored Links
it sounds like the microswitch "post" has snapped. most microswitches have 2 posts which hold thenm secure, sounds like yours has a broken one

There should be a spring holding the switch in position, is it stilll there?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back