Baxi 105e combi - CH works OK, no DHW

I am glad that you found some dirt in the pump after I got you to inspect it. However now its cleaned and passed the torque test you can forget it as its OK.

As the flow switch operated initially that proves the benefit of doing that first and from my perspective it eliminates the pump from now on.

I am sure that you will be able to clean the plate adequately to get it working over the next few days.

Fill the dirty hole with water and vigourously shake the water out watching all the flakes and dirt come out. Keep on doing it until nothing more comes out. It will not be a total clean without chemicals but enough to get it going.

The whole water in the system needs to be drained and refilled and ideally treated with X400 or X800.

Now you have got this far dont give up!

One small tip! Many plates have sharp edges and you can cut your fingers so wear gloves when you handle it. Ideally linen ones as the latex ones can cut through.

Tell us its all fixed soon. Of course you have to turn off the cold water inlet on pipe four and leave a lower hot tap on to allow it to drain as well as draining the boiler primary circuit. Isolate the heating so you dont have to drain that to remove the plate.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back