Vaillant combi heating coming on at random...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Gents,

I'm after a bit of advice about a misbehaving boiler if poss. Customer has a Vaillant turbomax combi about 3-4 years old. Works fine, but heating sometimes comes on at random in the middle of the day or early hours of the morning when it's not supposed to. She's had a new programmer to replace some ancient one hanging off the wall which is working fine but the boiler still misbehaves as before. My rgi is skiving for three weeks in Brasil so we can't get him to check it over.

My questions are basically..
1. Does it sound like the pcb is a bit dodgy,
2. How can I tell, and
3. Is this something I could replace (experienced plumber and reasonable electrics but not corgi).

Cheers in advance..

Sponsored Links
Could possibly be DV stuck mid position and the HW pre-heat is on, so the rads will get warm when pre-heat fires up.

Cheers for that Dave.

Could the HW pre-heat properly warm the place up through a passing DV? It doesn't just come on for a bit - her flat was apparently at 18 degrees this lunchtime.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back