Baxi combi heating coming on randomly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I've searched the forum for similar but now a bit stuck. My baxi duo tec randomly started turning on the heating over the last few weeks.

I've cleaned the heat exchanger and replaced diverter valve and motor and still the same. When I done all this I turned boiler back on and left it a good hour without using any taps etc. Heating came on and checked the boiler and the heating light wasn't even on!?

Hot water is fine

I tried taking batteries out of thermostat controller to see if it was the cause but above still happened.

Any help really appreciated

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
the main ch sensor on these also acts as a frost stat and one of faults when they go is it thinks its cold and brings boiler on
part number 5114725 sits in a dry pocket in pipe on left of divertor valve

the main ch sensor on these also acts as a frost stat and one of faults when they go is it thinks its cold and brings boiler on
Ok thx will check that out.

If I isolate the heater flow (1st pipe under boiler) issue still persists. If I isolate return flow (last pipe under boiler) the problem seems to go away but obviously no heat to rads. Was just trying to isolate issue. Would that add up to the frost stat thing?

Thank u!

Sponsored Links
sounds like when you are isolating it the knob on flow isnt actually turning the valve off

Is it this red one on the right with green wiring?

Thx!

Attachments

• 20220529_123703.jpg
    20220529_123703.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 121
The clue was on the PIPE to the LEFT of divertor ;)
but it looks like that ;)

If I open first valve and run hot tap, the pipe goes warm which I believe isn't meant to happen (I do have a loft extension which I've noticed first pipe has a run off then goes up)

And then ch light comes on as per pic

Edit. After several minutes light has gone off but can still hear boiler doing something for few minutes then boiler does go off

Attachments

• 20220529_131357.jpg
    20220529_131357.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
You'll probably find you need a shock arrester and one way valve fitting to the cold water inlet pipework to the boiler. What's happening is when you run cold tap pressure in pipework drops. When tap is turned off the pressure returning activates the flow switch momentarily. The boiler will see this as a hot water demand and will go through its start up sequence. Then it will shut down and go through shut down sequence.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back