Vaillant Combi VCW sine 18 T3W

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed that The831Bunny appears to be the man in the know regarding Vaillant Combi Boilers. If anyone is a "buddy" of the guy can you please get him to respond to this?

I have the old but brilliant VCW sine 18T3W. It is still in great condition but I now cannot get hot water. When I run the hot tap the centre spindle in the flow switch moves down to contact the micro switch on the RHS. The burners come on for a few seconds then cut out. The water is cold. The central heating appears to be fine.

Any help from other informed people would be most welcome.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your kudos as they say :LOL:

Sounds like you may be losing differential pressure around the primary circuit when the flow switch is in the DHW position. I'd advise you contact a Gas Safe engineer experienced in this boiler, as this involves possibly accessing the combustion chamber and/or checking gas carrying components. Sorry to be cryptic, but the forum forbids advice on gas related items.

Thanks for your kudos as they say :LOL:

Sounds like you may be losing differential pressure around the primary circuit when the flow switch is in the DHW position. I'd advise you contact a Gas Safe engineer experienced in this boiler, as this involves possibly accessing the combustion chamber and/or checking gas carrying components. Sorry to be cryptic, but the forum forbids advice on gas related items.

Thanks for prompt response.
I wouldn't dream of playing about with the gas supply or burners, etc.

Would the gas supply not be affected at other times, not just Hot Water mode?

Sponsored Links
PM a member on here called Bell824 he is also a bunny (works for Valliant) if he cant do this he will know someone who can, if you dont get any joy I could sort it for you, Im not a bunny but an independent RGI in your area

PM a member on here called Bell824 he is also a bunny (works for Valliant) if he cant do this he will know someone who can, if you dont get any joy I could sort it for you, Im not a bunny but an independent RGI in your area

Hi, I have sent you a PM.

That's great I hope u sort it let us know, the mods usually remove posters putting details on re jobs an its bloody annoying

Looks like my boiler has to go I'm sorry to say. A kind gent on this forum (Ianmcd) took a look and advised that the Flow Switch required replacement. Unfortunately we can't get the new part. :cry:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAILLANT-...arden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item53eeddb20b

That is the part number that you need Jim , you need the wax capsule but it is not available any more you need to get the complete unit some sites are showing it and at better prices but they dont have them in stock so unlikely they will be able to get you one but feel free to google the part number and if you can get one then nothing to stop you having a go at replacing this yourself

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Ian,

With the part being more scarce than hens' teeth I will be replacing "the old roaster". Just thought I'd let the forum know how it ended.

Thanks for your help.

It sounds like you have found a good local engineer I would stick with him, if he bothered to come out an give advice get an ecotec vaillant it will give you good service (although not as long as the sine18 ;)

It sounds like you have found a good local engineer I would stick with him, if he bothered to come out an give advice get an ecotec vaillant it will give you good service (although not as long as the sine18 ;)

What?? You mean not another 27 years?? I'm appalled!! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back