vaillant vcw sine 18 t3w

Oh goody Dan - I'm lots closer, you can have mine, special price..!

( There's should be scrap value in titanium but imagine trying to persuade the bloke...)

Sponsored Links
I'll try bg. So this morning, turned the shower on, pump ran but no flame, left the shower running and turned the centre switch (power) off then on. Boiler fired up and I had my hot shower. When finished flame went off and pump stopped running. Then out of curiosity about 10 mins later I turned hot tap on, nothing. Again the pump ran but no flame, and the power switch thing made it work again??

Ok. Sounds like you have two problems. The water section is not operating, so the boiler is running on the pre heat switch (right switch). Nothing wrong in that, but it will need a water section or a diaphragm and gland at minimum.

The other problem of intermittent firing with the pump running and no burner sounds more like the pressure differential valve that opens the gas valve is sticking. This can be dirt in the tubes, slow running pump, or partially blocked main heat exchanger to name a few causes. Turning the power off/on gives the valve a fresh 'push' from the pump restarting, which brings it on sometimes.

Nothing an engineer who has worked on these hasn't seen, but it's just finding one. BG for sure will scratch their heads and say its obsolete before sending someone round to quote for a new one... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Okay, that kinda makes sense to me :)

Just spoke to british gas, apparently im still in my "cooling off period" sure theres a heating joke there somewhere. As I havent been in long, so im thinking I might be better cancelling that and getting a local plumber in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back