Vaillant sine t3w would not fire up

Sponsored Links
Yes Bunnyman you are right. There are many sellers on ebay who stock the parts for this model.

I managed to find the fault. It is in the differential valve. I removed the differential valve(pic attached), cleaned it ,diaphragm was in a good condition, the pin inside was rusted, so i cleaned it and applied WD-40 to remove the rust and greased it with it. I put it back together and fired up the boiler and ran the hot water tap but instead of water ,the radiators were heating up. When I close the tap and run it again, the boiler would not fire up. I removed the differential valve and cleaned it nicely and screwed it back , fired up the boiler and it worked when i run the hot water tap but when i close it and run it again, it wouldnt come back again.

Do I need a new differential valve?? or do i buy a silicone grease and apply it on the pin and try that first? Which silicone grease would you suggest?

Thank you

Attachments

• 20170418_153740.jpg
    20170418_153740.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Update - The boiler is working fine for now. I greased the pin on the differential valve and no problems so far. Thank you guys for your suggestions.
The air vent(pic attached) needs replacing but it is too rusty and would not unscrew. Any suggestions on how to go about it?

Attachments

• 20170420_221708.jpg
    20170420_221708.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 113
@The831Bunny Thanks for the reply. Already fixed that issue. The air vent(pic attached) needs replacing but it is too rusty and would not unscrew. Any suggestions on how to go about it?

Attachments

• 20170420_221708.jpg
    20170420_221708.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 90
Sponsored Links
That part is an easy fix and readily available as it is a common part but doubt that is your problem , just close the vent cap and it is just a bit of metal then

@ianmcd It leaks water sometimes, so it needs changing. I have bought the part but the one on the boiler is rusted and would not come off easily.

they are used in most boilers and it is only the size of the connection that determines which one you need , it is called an automatic air vent AAV, sometimes an automatic air bottle AAB, but basically it is a float operated mechanism where if air is present then the float drops and allows the air out of the vent , until water replaces the air and closes the valve, they leak for fun , they are very unreliable, just get any one with the same thread and connection size, as already said doubt very much if that is your problem , @Bunnyman chipped in a few times on your post , PM him and see if he can help you out , he is the man for your boiler, he has the experience and may have any parts you might need

Already purchased the AAV. Looking for right method to unsscrew the rusted AAV on the boiler.

Just unscrew it the body that is;) remember to drain drain down:) you have stripped the differential but your having problems unscrewing an aav o_O

@AGAS As i said it is highly rusted and would not come off and i do not want to ruin the thread but anyways I will try and update this post. Thanks

The body is made of brass but screws into a cast iron body.

They will usually unscrew OK but I suppose might sometimes shear off.

If they are both the same type the top part can usually be unscrewed and changed over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back