VCV Sine 18 T3W - Where's the Reset Button?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We've got an old VCW Sine 18 T3W boiler that's due to be replaced next week. Rather conveniently it's decided to pack up now :evil:

Boiler is not firing up at all, so no CH and no HW.

I've heard the reset button might bring it to life. Could some kind soul tell me where to find this on this model?

Any other suggestions much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Moderators could you please delete this post as I found another post on the forum that led me to reset the boiler and get it working again. :D

Knickers, I knew the answer to this one and it was a short answer as well!.

lol, thanks for replying anyway! :)

Anyway boiler doesn't seem to be modulating and cuts off. So haven't quite managed to solve the source of the problem.

I'm now suspecting the NTC resistor... anyone agree?

Sponsored Links
more than likely the temperature (electronic) PCB.

Other causes for that symptom is bad connection at flow switch multi-plug/microswitches/loom, faulty microswitch on DC solenoid and/or sticking DC Solenoid. As the latter is a gas related component please get these checked by a Gas Safe engineer who has knowledge of older Vaillant appliances.

otherwise its warm so roll on the new boiler ... :)

Cheers

Bunny

more than likely the temperature (electronic) PCB.

Other causes for that symptom is bad connection at flow switch multi-plug/microswitches/loom, faulty microswitch on DC solenoid and/or sticking DC Solenoid. As the latter is a gas related component please get these checked by a Gas Safe engineer who has knowledge of older Vaillant appliances.

otherwise its warm so roll on the new boiler ... :)

Cheers

Bunny

Thanks for your reply Bunny.

Oh well, won't bother with all that! Should be able to manage for 2 more days by manually modulating it!

Dare I say (Bunny - possible Vaillant Ecotec 831 fan?) ... roll on the WB 30CDi!! :LOL:

Plus, I think if the adjustment on the oil pot is screwed fully in then it will not modulate either.

In any case its not variable modulation but step modulation with only a high or a low setting.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back