Vaillant Control systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Ecotec pro28 in a 2 bed mid terrace house. Currently it has the most basic 24 hr analogue timer and a 20 year old analogue room thermostat wired in. I would like to upgrade the controls but Im a little confused as to what I need from the vaillant range.

I was thinking of upgrading to the 7 day digital timer "Timeswitch 140" As far as I can see it just slots into the panel at the front of the boiler occupied by the "Timeswitch 130", is it that simple to fit?

Secondly I wanted to change the old thermostat and was looking at the VRT 50, however the website says this should be used with the timeswitch 130 doesnt mention the 140? Is it not compatible?

Thirdly what about the VRT 230, 360, 430 etc, are these supposed to be mounted in the room or the boiler front? If they are mounted in the room then what do I do with the space left in the boiler?

Cheers

Andy

Sponsored Links
VRT50 can be used with the 130, but not with any other control that 'talks' via the ebus electronics.

Personally I would go for the 360.

The 430 is a weather compensation programmer, so you will have to have a North facing outside wall, but at present forget these as there are none in the country :eek: (Vaillant supply cock up again :rolleyes: )

I always fit the 400/430 direct into the facia of the boiler and not wall mount them, then have TRV's on every radiator.

Thanks for clearing that up, presumably the 360 would be mounted in place of my existing analogue thermostat, if so could I use the existing wiring or would that need to be replaced? Secondly what do I do with the 130 fitted to the boiler currenty, would this have to be removed? If so what do I put in its place?

Also if i went for thee wireless version where is the reciever positioned? Does it fit into the panel in the boiler?

cheers

andy

Sponsored Links
wired version is always better where possible. only requires 2 wires from stat to boiler, can use existing wires no problem. also agree on 360.

If you have the wires already there, then use them for the 360, but at the wiring centre end they will have to be disconnected and re-routed to the boiler pcb to connect to the ebus.

The 360f wireless just has a receiver unit which fits next to the boiler and also connects direct to ebus with the cable supplied.

Have you not still got the original blanking panel that came with the boiler before the 130 was fitted?

I always leave these with the customer in the bag with all the instructions.

Hi,

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I dont have the blanking panel - it was the previous owner that had the boiler fitted. Maybe I can get one off ebay.

Looks like the 360 is the best bet then, Im just wandering as Vaillant have a new version of the weather compensator control with the backlit display, perhaps there will be a new version of the 360 coming out in that style, perhaps I would wait for that?

cheers

andy

I haven't heard of a new 360. As this doesn't fit into the front of the boiler, I cannot see why they would upgrade it to match the boiler facia :confused:

I haven't heard of a new 360. As this doesn't fit into the front of the boiler, I cannot see why they would upgrade it to match the boiler facia :confused:

I just thought perhaps they would be bringing out new ones in the style of the 430 with backlit displays, would be handy.

The 430 as a plug in module matches the Boiler back lighting. Sadly Vaillant still haven't got this right as the 'cream/beige' plastic is a different colour to that on the boiler front :mad:

The 430 as a plug in module matches the Boiler back lighting. Sadly Vaillant still haven't got this right as the 'cream/beige' plastic is a different colour to that on the boiler front :mad:

Oh well Ill have a look for a 360 then. Thinking of it perhaps a backlit display could get a little annoying in the living room, probs a better feature for ones attached to the boiler itself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back