Vaillant Eco Combi Boiler leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, I woke up today to find that my Vaillant Eco Combi boiler was displaying a F22 fault. I referred to other posts on this forum and topped up the pressure using the two grey toggles on the bottom. The pressure gauge is now pointing mid way up the grey bar and the central heating and hot water are running fine now but water is discharging from a narrow plastic pipe which comes out at the bottom right at the rear of the boiler.

It appears to only do this if the hot water is running and not when the central heating is on. Can anyone tell me what may have caused this and if it's something I can fix without calling in an engineer? :confused:

Great forum, thanks for the advice and keep up the good work!

Sponsored Links
the plastic pipe is the condense,it may be blocked,check where it goes

f22 is a low pressure/dry burner code that plastic pipe is your condensate which may be frozen in cold weather which is backing up and causing to leak. i think some vaillants will only condensate on hw mode this is why it,s leaking only when you use hot water try pouring kettle over plastic pipe if its outside or use a hair dryer if it is inside common sense

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back