Vaillant eco fit pure no CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had my boiler replaced while my property was tenanted and I've recently moved back in. I've got a Vaillant eco fit pure 412. There is a separate water tank in the airing cupboard (property is a flat). Pressure looks fine in there. I've had no problems with hot water and due to being top floor flat have not needed CH until now. However, the radiators are not getting hot at all. When i select CH on the thermostat I hear a short whirring in the airing cupboard - there is a honeywell smart fit. The thermostat is turned up to 30 degrees and the boiler reaches 72 degrees with radiator light flashing on the boiler. But nothing happens with the radiators. I have noticed when I turn the thermostat off for CH (HW remains on) the radiator continues flashing on the boiler with pilot light symbol still on. Is it usual for the CH to make demands of the boiler even when the thermostat is off? Anyway, as I'm not getting any heating I just wondered if there are any simple steps for me to check as I don't get the impression the problem is with the boiler itself....

Sponsored Links
In be looking at a motorised valve issue, do you know if it’s a y-plan or s-plan? Afaik the rad symbol is because it’s using the heating water for hot water, so wouldn’t know it’s feeding a cylinder. If you press the I button on the heating demand, it should give a status code.

The boiler doesn't know whether it is heating the water or the radiators, so it'll flash the radiator symbol for either. It sounds like you have a failed zone valve, but there's bad news I'm afraid - Honeywell Smartfit is now obsolete and so the whole control system will need replacing and rewiring.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. To the best of my knowledge it’s Y plan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back