vaillant eco max 828/2e losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI Guys

Got this boiler vaillant eco max 828/2e it as been fitted 5 years now when the heating as been on the needle on the pressure gauge goes off the scale

and at some point we seem to lose the pressure in the system, i have not seen any water come out of the 15mm expansion pipe as yet as we seem to lose it early in the morning or over night

i assumed the pressure vessel needed pumping up so i got me bycicle pump out and tried to connect it to the pressure vessel nipple but water came out of the nipple and drowned me lol

as i assume only air should fill the top half of the diaphragm in the vessel am i right in saying that the diaphragm is split and we need a new vessel?

thx for help guys

Sponsored Links
Not necessarily!

Turn off the heating isolation valves on the boiler. Drain via drain offs on valves. Pump up expansion vessel to 0.7 - 1.0 Bar. Refill boiler to 1.5 Bar. Open isolation valves. Test Dhw and Heating.

THEN try Schrader valve on expansion vessel. A small amount of water is permissible, it usually creeps round the welt of the diaphragm when the vessel is completely flat. I would be very surprised if you had to change the vessel. Not impossible, but very rare!

View media item 28141

Sponsored Links
Not necessarily!

Turn off the heating isolation valves on the boiler. Drain via drain offs on valves. Pump up expansion vessel to 0.7 - 1.0 Bar. Refill boiler to 1.5 Bar. Open isolation valves. Test Dhw and Heating.

THEN try Schrader valve on expansion vessel. A small amount of water is permissible, it usually creeps round the welt of the diaphragm when the vessel is completely flat. I would be very surprised if you had to change the vessel. Not impossible, but very rare!

View media item 28141

the Schrader valve is on the side and half way up of the pressure vessel on this boiler i assume thats the right place to try to pump it up

1.0 BAR is that about 15 spi on the foot pump i think

cheers for the info The831Bunny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back