vaillant Eco Plus stopped working again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have a Vaillant eco tec plus 3 years old, last year it lost pressure and my boiler people came out and pumped up the pressure valve then about 6 weeks ago the same thing happened and they changed a sensor valve i got a F.15 error code ( i think) as a temp measure i was told to fill the boiler to about 2.6 bar and it worked , but tonight it has happened again loss of pressure and filled to 3 bar it comes on again, i will have to get someone in but anybody have any ideas what it is please
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can you explain who "my boiler people" are and what their relationship with you is?

Its the user's responsibility to keep the pressure topped up and usually to 1.5 Bar and not higher!

It sounds as if yours has a leak on the system.

Tony

Hi Tony
My Boiler people are the guy's who installed it , service it and have been trying to fix it, I top it up regular to 1.5 bar every couple of months it needs a little top up, i top it to 3 bar as advised by my boiler people as a workaround for a day until they came out. I have not found any leaks.

Tally

Its probably leaking from the pressure relief valve ( NPRV ) vent which usually goes through the wall to the outside behind the boiler.

Its bad advice to top up to 3.0 Bar as that causes the PRV to let the pressure out.

Dont forget they come quicker if you pay them.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Spoke to boiler company owner who says its prob a small leak in system and i need to check rads while cold. not worthwhile him or an eng coming out until i find leak, but how do i find a small leak

Thanks

Let rads get cold for a couple of hours.

Feel all around each rad valve in turn and look at your hand for any signs of water.

But to save time just check the pressure relief valve vent outside first but this time when the boiler is working and not cold.

Tony

Hi Thanks

i have had heating off and checked all rads and vlave i have found one slight weep on a bleed valve but not enough to lose this amount of water, so i tied a bag under the pipe from the pressure relief valve and im 5 hours there was about a tablespoon full of water in it, I assume no water should come out at all I checked again todayand the bag had leaked possibly due to more water coming out under pressure so i had replaced with a strong bag to see if it leaks again. Is it a big job to change a PRV it it leaks again.

Thanks
Tally

changing a prv is only the start there is normally a reason as to why the prv is dripping in the first place. therefor changing it will lead to the new one eventually doing the same.

Bolier running at 1.5 bar when not fired up but when heating or water needed in approx 30 mins it will go to 3.4 bar i assume thats why PRV is letting out some water but had any ideas why its going up so much for it to let out water please.
Thanks

The expansion vessel has failed or needs repressurising.

Your boiler installer may be able to fit boilers but he obviously has absolutely no clue when it comes to repairing or servicing boilers.

You need a competent engineer to service/repair your boiler.

My view is that people like your installer should not even be installing boilers when he has no idea how they work! But then I expect high standards!

Tony Glazier

i have just checked the pressure in the expansion vessel ( admittedly with car tyre gauge old metal one ) and it show 0.9 bar , boiler person booke to check/re pressurise vessel but if it has got 0.9bar in it can the vessel still be failing
thanks

The water loss from the PRV was due to not enough pressure in the expansion chanber but the last 2 days there has been water under the boiler, i had a look and it seems to be pooling under the pump but it soon dries up so i cant see where its coming from, anybody got any idea's please.

Thanks

Latest..
Expansion vessel had lost pressure so it was recharged,water pressure sensor has been changed,then i had water leaking from boiler and it looked like it was pooling under the pump but by the time the heating engineer had arrived it had stopped and dried up but the pump was really noisy as well and vibrating, the pump was changed and no water loss out of the boiler since and the boiler is now really quiet again but this morning the boiler had a F22 error and had lost pressure again. I was hoping the loss of pressure in the system was due to the pump leaking. I have put a bag under the PRV to see it its coming out of there, but why is it losing pressure at night when the heating and water is off i cannot see any evidence of leaks in the house.What next please

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back