vaillant Eco Plus stopped working again

You have been rather unlucky.

Ecotecs do have dodgy noisy Wilo pumps, and they are especially short lived in poorly prepared systems (in other words, no powerflush or chemicals left in system). A life of 5 to 6 years is more typical. The new ones are Grundfos.

Expansion vessels are designed to be airtight, once they lose charge they are porous and will fail afterwards. Early exp vessel failure is often attributable to over pressurizing, or too large a coonected water volume ( in other words, too many rads).

I suspect you need a new exp vessel and prv.

Dig deep! For the last 5 years we and some other volume installers have been giving 5yr warranties on all Vaillants....... Next time shop around for an experienced installer with access to enhanced back up.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Simond so if its losing charge again it will need a new expansion vessel because it will leak water out of the prv again ? we did shop around and got recomendations after the nightnare of replacing a Glowworm and thermalstore that was 5 years old and nothing but trouble I thought we was set for a few years trouble free heating after fitting a Vaillant and a tank with 25 years warranty.

If it loses pressure again but not out of the prv is it a leak somewhere ? even though i cannot find one.

Regards
Tally

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back