Vaillant Eco Tec 937 - Cycling with comfort mode off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I've just had an Eco Tec 937 fitted as I need a high HW demand. The boiler itself is great but I am confused with a cycling problem.

Basically, I want to turn off the comfort mode setting for a few weeks (please don't ask why!!) but even with this switched off, the boiler is still firing every 15 mins or so day and night - as if it is still keeping the store at temperature.

The symbols displayed are the heating symbol (radiator) and the egg timer / double pyramid, which I assume is the fan running symbol.

I have checked the obvious like comfort mode and programmer settings but the boiler still runs this cycle.

Any advice would be much appreciated - thanks.

Sponsored Links
The hourglass is anti-cycling control.

If its showing it means CH is calling for the boiler to fire again shortly after shutting off.
the default setting is 20min, but i think it varys based on previous modulation and duration.

Edit to add: depending on your controls/circumstances - if using vaillant modulating controls, its possible the controls are requesting too low a flow temp.

Sponsored Links
Problem solved - it was the 24V link and big own goal cos I wired the boiler myself!

Cheers Bunnyman and thanks for the advice G81 - much appreciated guys and thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back