Vaillant eco tec 938 comfort mode overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Having an issue where our boiler is overheating up to 80 degrees despite neither central heating or hot water demand being on.

The ‘C’ symbol is flashing at the time of overheating, even though comfort mode has been programmed off. The overheating is causing a type of vibration noise and the only way to ‘fix’ it is to turn the boiler on/off

Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Sponsored Links
IMG_2290.jpeg
IMG_2290.jpeg

I don’t think comfort/preheat would work unless it was turned on. Feel the flow pipe under the boiler, could be passing diverter. Failing that, blocked canoe filter/plate heat exchanger

thanks for replying. Comfort is definitely programmed off but when the issue arises, the ‘C’ is flashing on the LCD panel. I’m assuming this means that comfort mode is on unless it means something else?

I’ve checked on the boiler and no other fault codes are being logged.

Boiler was only serviced a few weeks ago and no issues at service.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
C isn’t a Fault code. Any motorised valves?

Would this also cause the comfort mode to activate even if programmed off? Is there any way to test if it’s a sticking valve? Thanks again

Would this also cause the comfort mode to activate even if programmed off? Is there any way to test if it’s a sticking valve? Thanks again
Not usually, but have seen some weird things happen. If one is sticking, usually found by testing for voltage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back