Vaillant Eco tec Exclusive 838 help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can any one tell me if pre heated water (from solar panel) can be routed into the cold feed on the above boiler thus using less gas for domestic hot water.
Thanks Paul

Sponsored Links
In practice it can but I dont think vaillant approve of it.

Preheated water has to be supplied from a blender at a temperature of about 20-25 C thus enabling the boiler to provide a greater flow rate or to save gas.

However, doing that means the boiler has less headway to properly control the output temperature.

Normal control is by modulation of the boiler input power. Thats from full power down to about 35% in most models.

In practice the main problem effect is that it will not be able to control the temperature properly at lower flow rates.

Tony Glazier

Most boiler manufacturers now manufacture a Control Valve assembly for linking Solar thermal to a Combi boiler as Vaillant market Solar Thermal products I expect that they can provide a Valve set for your application! ;)

Sponsored Links
Vaillant are happy with preheated water, keep it below 60 and they'll be more than happy.

Lee, do you mean the company approve or do you mean the boilers work alright?

The inlet water must be below the set outlet temperature.

At low differentials between inlet and set outlet temperatures the only control the boiler has is on/off modulation. So the outlet temperature will vary. No problem for a bath but not good for a shower.

Tony

Hi
Thanks all of you that’s given me plenty to think about and to work out if it’s worth it or not.
Thanks Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back