vaillant eco tec pro has flashing radiator icon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
vaillant eco tec pro has flashing radiator icon.

i get an anticycling message. checked the d and it is set at 0. hot water in taps but radiators not giving out a lot of heat. 9 radiators. i am inbetween two homecare plans,new one starts 17th feb.

should i wait till then to call in engineer

Sponsored Links
which model have you got exactly?

looking at the current manuals, the pro has 3 indicator lights and a display,
the plus has a full display with radiator icon.

would help to know what your system is as well,
have you got a hot water cylinder or is it a combi boiler?

are the pipes hot? if so, problem could be with the radiator's TRV valves or being sludged up.

easiest thing to try first is remove one of the trv heads on the radiators (there is a metal collar below the plastic head, unscrew this) and see if the pin ontop of the valve moves freely.
I used the back of a screw driver handle to push the pin down, it should return to the "up" position on it's own and move freely if it's working.

hi, many thnks for your reponse. it is an eco tec plus 824. i was getting a red flashing on the wireless thermostat. this has now stopped and the radiator icon has stopped flashig.

as soon as the new insurance starts i will ring for a check. can't believe this has happened in this window between plans, i always have it covered.

all seems to be ok now.

Radiator flashing is a demand on CH but the boiler is hot enough and is resting while the pump is running. When the boiler cools the burner will start and the symbol will cease flashing.

Not a fault, more like paranoia.

Sponsored Links
thanks simond! i will inform corgi homecare my boiler needs an antipsychotic when i ring for the check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back