Vaillant EcoFIT Sustain boiler - Unable to turn filling loop tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've moved into a new build where the boiler was installed around 7 months ago. The boiler works but I've noticed when not in use, it flashes anything from 0.5 bar to 0.8 bar.

When in use, the pressure goes to around 1.1, 1.2 bar so need to increase the pressure.

The problem is that I cannot move one of the taps. See pic

uksnSYV

uksnSYV

I've put a fair amount of pressure on it but reluctant to put too much on incase it breaks or I'm not doing it right. Should I be doing something with the plastic thumbscrew behind it?

https://imgur.com/uksnSYV

Thanks in advance

Mike

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The lever only needs turning , 1/4 turn.
But probably only turns one way ,are you possibly trying the wrong direction ??

The lever only needs turning , 1/4 turn.
But probably only turns one way ,are you possibly trying the wrong direction ??

Hi,

I've checked at there's a stop to stop it being turned the wrong way so I'm pretty confident in turning it the right way.

The other tap turns fine, it's just this one (which looks different to the other).

It's a non return valve ,the other one won't be. If you remove the screw that keeps the black handle onto the shaft ,you can get a spanner on the shafts square end ,more leverage then .

Sponsored Links
That tap turns 1/4 turn downwards to open

Ok, so I just need to give it additional pressure to get it to turn? I'm worried about breaking something as expected it to turn fairly easily (new build so under a year old)

yes they are very cheap items, not just yours all of them, if you prefer try as @terryplumb advises above, but you should be able to turn it by hand

Thanks all for your help. It was just a case of being a little more forceful :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back